Welcome to Harbor House
There is Hope
Because There is Help
When someone we love is suddenly experiencing lapses of memory or acting differently it can be frightening to the individual and the entire family. These changes also affect the family dynamics.
- The first question arises. Is there a substitute home, that can safely and compassionately take care of my loved one? Will it be institutional? Will it look or feel like places we have heard about but never would consider?
- The answer is Harbor House a unique facility with a safe, stress free environment totally dedicated to the care of the memory impaired. Our residents always come first. Our employees and our professional interdisciplinary team will meet and exceed the expectations of our residents and their families. Our goal is to make sure every resident feels safe & secure. All our staff from our excellent nursing and therapeutic recreation to our dietary and housekeeping make Harbor House home.
While Coping with Alzheimer's or Memory Loss our Philosophy has always been that people with memory impairment require individualized care as the disease progresses. • Open and honest communication is maintained at all times to ensure continuity of care. Whether it is a doctor visit, a medication change or just to keep you updated. We work with our families to continually be a source of comfort and a resource center. • Dedicated Staff on each floor. Every employee is respected and recognized as an integral part of the Harbor House team. • Harbor House exudes a warm & welcome atmosphere from the moment you step in the do...Read more
- Three nutritious meals per day
- Daily housekeeping, laundry and linen services
- Maintenance of resident rooms
- 50-channel cable provided
- Trips and outings to local places of interest
- A variety of therapeutic recreational activities
- Weekly religious services
- Beauty parlor/barbershop
- Case management services
- Assistance with alternate placement
- 100th Birthday Party Video- Long Island Online News February 23, 2013
- Harbor House May 30, 2011
- Harbor House on NBC News May 30, 2010